Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Divine Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes

I saw a similar recipe and had to try it and let me tell you it was sooooo good! I think I would frost these puppies with a whipped butter cream frosting and add a few peanut butter cup crumbs on top.   The original recipe used chocolate butter cream frosting with melted peanut butter drizzled on top.  I think that would make them too chocolatey for my liking because they are already so rich without frosting!

Ingredients:
1 box german chocolate cake mix
16 oz. sour cream
2 eggs
1/4 c. oil
1 cube butter melted
1 lg. bag reese's peanut butter cups (the large ones) frozen and unwrapped.

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line Cupcake pan with liners.  Mix first five ingredients until well blended then for 2 minutes.  Spoon a couple of teaspoons into liners then mush one whole peanut butter cup on it then a couple more teaspoons full of batter on top.  I used a small melon baller/cookie dough scooper and it worked perfect.  Bake for approx. 15-20 min.  DIVINE!!!   
P.S.  I kind of wrote this recipe myself so if it doesn't make sense SORRY!

No comments: