Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Caramel Frosting


I was looking for a caramel frosting to go on some Caramel apple  cupcakes and this is what I made.  It was so YUMMY!  It tastes just like homemade caramel in a light and fluffy texture. I found this at Allrecipes.com
recipe image

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound light brown sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter-room temp.
8 oz. cream cheese-room temp.
1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
DIRECTIONS:
1.In a medium, heavy saucepan, bring the sugar and cream to a rolling boil. Boil one minute. Add soda, and boil one more minute. Remove from heat. Let cool. ( I stick mine in the freezer to speed up the process.) Whip cream cheese and butter until fluffy.  Add caramel mixture and whip until light and fluffy.
2. Stir in pecans if desired.

I didn't have whipping cream so I used evaporated milk and it worked but it didn't hold it's shape like I would like.  

No comments: