Of course I don't follow recipes very well and I adapted this recipe from Our Best Bites but found the recipe here. I served mine with homemade fresh salsa and guacamole. They were so yummy!
I had some leftover chicken mixture so I put it in the freezer for another night.

TAQUITO INGREDIENTS:
• 1/3 C (3 oz) cream cheese
• 1/4 C green salsa (I love green salsa but I didn't have any so I used some fresh salsa)
• 1 t fresh lime juice
• ½ t cumin
• 1 t chili
• 1/3 C (3 oz) cream cheese
• 1/4 C green salsa (I love green salsa but I didn't have any so I used some fresh salsa)
• 1 t fresh lime juice
• ½ t cumin
• 1 t chili
(I added taco seasoning instead of cumin and chili)
• ½ t onion powder (I used onion salt and added garlic pdwr)
• 3 T chopped cilantro (I didin't add this)
• 2 T chopped green onions
• 2 C shredded cooked chicken ( I sauted mine with the lime juice and seasonings)
• 1 C grated pepperjack cheese
• 6-inch corn or flour tortillas ( I used both and they were both yummy!)
• 2 T vegetable oil (optional)
• kosher salt
• cooking spray
• ½ t onion powder (I used onion salt and added garlic pdwr)
• 3 T chopped cilantro (I didin't add this)
• 2 T chopped green onions
• 2 C shredded cooked chicken ( I sauted mine with the lime juice and seasonings)
• 1 C grated pepperjack cheese
• 6-inch corn or flour tortillas ( I used both and they were both yummy!)
• 2 T vegetable oil (optional)
• kosher salt
• cooking spray
METHOD: ( I fried mine in oil But this is the healthier alternative)
• Heat oven to 425.
• Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
• Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it's soft and easy to stir.
• Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and granulated garlic.
• Stir to combine and then add cilantro and green onions.
• Add chicken and cheese and combine well.
• You can prepare up to this step ahead of time. Just keep the mixture in the fridge.
• Work with a few tortillas at a time and heat in the microwave until they are soft enough to roll without cracking. It helps to place them between damp paper towels. Usually 20-30 seconds will do it.
• Place 2-3 T of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges, then roll it up.
• Place seam-side down on the baking sheet in a single layer. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt on top. Place pan in the oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown. Cool for 5 - 10 minutes and then serve with sour cream, guacamole or Pico de Gallo. Makes approximately 16 taquitos.
• Heat oven to 425.
• Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
• Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it's soft and easy to stir.
• Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and granulated garlic.
• Stir to combine and then add cilantro and green onions.
• Add chicken and cheese and combine well.
• You can prepare up to this step ahead of time. Just keep the mixture in the fridge.
• Work with a few tortillas at a time and heat in the microwave until they are soft enough to roll without cracking. It helps to place them between damp paper towels. Usually 20-30 seconds will do it.
• Place 2-3 T of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges, then roll it up.
• Place seam-side down on the baking sheet in a single layer. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt on top. Place pan in the oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown. Cool for 5 - 10 minutes and then serve with sour cream, guacamole or Pico de Gallo. Makes approximately 16 taquitos.
CILANTRO LIME RANCH DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
• 1 C. mayonnaise
• ½ C. milk or buttermilk
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1 packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
• 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
• ½ C. roughly chopped cilantro
• ¼ C. green salsa
• Hot Sauce to taste
• 1 C. mayonnaise
• ½ C. milk or buttermilk
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1 packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
• 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
• ½ C. roughly chopped cilantro
• ¼ C. green salsa
• Hot Sauce to taste
METHOD:
• Combine mayonnaise, milk, lime juice and the contents of the packet of ranch dressing in a blender.
• Add garlic, cilantro and green salsa and blend to thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
• Season with hot sauce, if desired.
• Refrigerate for several hours to allow the dressing to thicken and the flavors to meld.
• Combine mayonnaise, milk, lime juice and the contents of the packet of ranch dressing in a blender.
• Add garlic, cilantro and green salsa and blend to thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
• Season with hot sauce, if desired.
• Refrigerate for several hours to allow the dressing to thicken and the flavors to meld.
No comments:
Post a Comment