Thursday, February 10, 2011

Raspberry and Almond Shortbread Thumbprints


I have never made thumbprint cookies but always wanted to try them.  I made this recipe only I halved it.  I also tried some glaze with lemon juice and lemon extract which was yummy.  But my favorite was in stead of jelly I filled some with my homemade fudge sauce and they were so good!  I also learned I need to make a deeper hole for more jelly or fudge.


 
recipe image
Rated:rating
Submitted By: Dee
Photo By: sarah
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 18 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Servings: 36

"Shortbread thumbprint cookie filled with raspberry jam, and drizzled with glaze."
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
 
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon milk
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.In a medium bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until smooth. Mix in
1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Mix in flour until dough comes together. Roll dough
 into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Make a small hole
in the center of each ball, using your thumb and finger, and fill the hole with preserves and chill in freezer 5 minutes or fridge 15 minutes.
3.Bake for 14 to 18 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Let cool
1 minute on the cookie sheet.
4.In a medium bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar, 3/4 teaspoon almond
extract, and milk until smooth. Drizzle lightly over warm cookies.

No comments: