Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer Squash Bake

This is a recipe I came acrossed while we have summer squash coming on like crazy! I was getting tired of just steaming them. I added bacon to it and it turned out delicious!

recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: Sue Joyce
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour
Servings: 2

Ingredients:
1 pound yellow summer squash, chopped
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
pepper to taste
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
6 Bacon slices cooked and crumbled
Directions:
1. In a saucepan, combine the squash, water, onion and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
2. Stir in the egg, bread crumbs, butter and pepper. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese and then top with Bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 7/30/2009

No comments: